Happy Friday! Here's a roundup of events happening this weekend in Brooklyn:
Friday, December 20th:
- Lakeside at Prospect Park opens today! I'm sure there will be lots of crowds on opening day, but the new skating rink is worth checking out this weekend. Skating is $8, plus $5 for skate rental. Parkside and Ocean Avenue Entrance at Prospect Park, open today from 11AM-10PM.
Saturday, December 21st:
- Do your last minute gift shopping at Tutu's Holiday Brunch Bazaar, where you can eat, drink, and shop. 25 Bogart Street, 12PM-6PM.
- Get prepared for Christmas by watching the classic, "A Christmas Carol" at The Brooklyn Lyceum. $5. 227 4th Avenue, Saturday and Sunday, 8PM.
- The Brooklyn Art Library is hosting a tasting. You can view a curated selection of sketchbooks, as well as enjoy some wine and chocolate pairings. You had me at sketchbooks. $5. 103A North 3rd Street, 8PM-10PM.
Sunday, December 22nd:
- Today's the last day to catch "The Nutcracker" at BAM. Tickets start at $25. BAM, 30 Lafayette Avenue, 1PM and 6PM.