|Enjoying the nice weather by the Boathouse in Prospect Park.|
Friday, August 30th:
- Bargemusic's four day Labor Day Festival kicked off on Wednesday and continues throughout the weekend. $35. 1 Water Street. Friday, 8PM, Saturday, 8PM, and Sunday, 2PM.
- Tonight you can decide which is better: Blondie or Fleetwood Mac at Head On: Blondie vs. Fleetwood Mac. Regardless of who wins, it all ends in a dance party. Free. The Bell House, 149 7th Street, 10:30PM.
- Okay, so this isn't technically in Brooklyn, but the Hester Street Fair is hosting the first Bedford + Bowery Bazaar, which will feature North Brooklyn's best restaurants, artisans, and shops. And there will be free beer starting at 6:30PM. Free. Corner of Hester and Essex, 12PM-10PM.
- Greenwood Park is having a Labor Day Weekend Spectacular, which includes free live music and a hot dog contest on Sunday and a free pig roast on Monday. 555 7th Avenue. Sunday, 12PM-7PM, and Monday, 12PM-1AM.
- The 1980s classic "The Goonies" is playing at Habana Outpost this Sunday night. 757 Fulton Street, 8PM.
- Celebrate Labor Day with the West Indian Carnival Day Parade and plenty of calypso. Free. Eastern Parkway and Schenectady Avenue to Flatbush Avenue, 11AM-6PM.