Happy Friday! Here's a roundup of events happening this weekend in Brooklyn:
Friday, August 23rd:
- Get your credit cards out, because Bird is having their Annual Warehouse Sale this weekend. 316 Fifth Avenue, Friday and Saturday, 11AM-7PM and Sunday, 11AM-6PM.
- Uber is distributing the Brooklyn love this weekend by giving $40 worth of free rides to and from Brooklyn. To sweeten the deal, they've partnered with around 40 Brooklyn businesses that will also be giving away free treats to customers who show an Uber receipt. Check website for details.
- The Afropunk Festival is taking place Saturday and Sunday, with plenty of music, art and "good vibes" to go around. Free. Commodore Barry Park. Check website for schedule details.
- Celebrate Battle of Brooklyn Day at Green-Wood Cemetery with tons of Revolutionary War re-enactors. Free. 500 25th Street, events start at 10AM.
- Ending summer with a Bollywood Disco Dance Party and Movie sounds about right. Tickets starting at $5. Littlefield, 622 Degraw Street, 2PM.
- Sick of all the MTV Video Music Awards in Brooklyn hype? Then attend the Anti-VMAs Party hosted by Brokelyn. Free. Last Exit Bar, 136 Atlantic Avenue, 7PM-12AM.