|Happy summer solstice! Celebrate with some sorbet.|
Friday, June 21st:
- Catch Amadou & Mariam, a blind husband and wife duo from West Africa, and Bombino tonight at the Prospect Park Bandshell. Free/$3 suggested donation. Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30PM.
- BAMcinemaFest 2013 kicked off this past Wednesday, but there are still plenty of films to see this weekend. Tonight, "Crystal Fairy" starring Michael Cera and Gaby Hoffmann makes its New York debut, and a Q&A session with the director Sebastián Silva, Cera and Hoffmann follows. $9 for members/$14 for non-members. BAM Harvey Theatre, 651 Fulton Street, 7:30PM.
- The Mermaid Parade is here! Whether or not you're planning to dress up, head to Coney Island to see all the action. Free. Parade starts at West 21st Street and Surf Avenue, 1PM.
- Also taking to the streets is Brave New World, with their production of "Street Scene," which will be performed on the streets of Park Slope. Free/Reserved seating for a $75 donation. 5th Street between 8th Avenue and Prospect Park West, 1PM and 5PM.
- The world's largest short film festival, Tropfest, takes over Prospect Park. Free (RSVP here). Nethermead, Prospect Park, 3PM-10:30PM.
- If you can't make it to the Mermaid Parade, then head to the afterparty, "The Drunken Mermaid Gala." $15 if you show up in Mermaid Attire, $20 in street clothes. Gowanus Ballroom, 55 9th Street, 6PM till late.
- The Bell House hosts Knights of Bruklyn HomeBrew Final, a competition of the best home brews. There's BBQ too. $15/$21 with BBQ. The Bell House, 149 7th Street, 12PM.
- Bargemusic presents The Liverpool Shuffle, a Long Island Beatles tribute band. $25. Fulton Ferry Landing near the Brooklyn Bridge, 5:30PM-7PM.