Happy (Snowy) Friday! Here's a roundup of activities happening this weekend in Brooklyn:
Friday, March 8th
- The Powerhouse Arena presents a discussion with Al Gore. Tickets start at $45. 37 Main Street, 6PM.
- Catch a classical music concert at Bargemusic tonight at 8PM. Tickets are $35. Fulton Ferry Landing near the Brooklyn Bridge, 8PM.
- "Our Town" is now playing at The Heights Players. Call or email for reservations. 26 Willow Place, Fri-Sat, 8PM, and Sun, 2PM.
- Bowlive IV plays tonight at the Brooklyn Bowl starting at 8:30PM. Tickets are $20. 61 Wythe Avenue, 8:30PM.
Saturday, March 9th
- The Armory Show is hosting Brooklyn Night this Saturday. Check out The Armory Show's website for more details on art events happening throughout Brooklyn.
- Pine Box Rock Shop is hosting the Vegan Spring Break Shop-Up for all your shopping needs to prepare you for warmer weather. Free. 12 Grattan Street, 12-5PM.
- Brooklyn Glass and Brooklyn Metal Works present Brooklyn Creates, an evening of design, food and aesthetic exploration of the table, in conjunction with Armory Arts Week. Tickets are $25. 142 13th Street, 7-9PM.
- BAM presents Mic Check, hip-hop from North Africa and the Middle East. Tickets start at $16. 30 Lafayette Avenue, 7:30PM.
- Get an early start on getting in shape for spring by taking part in a Fitness Hike in Prospect Park. Free. The Audubon Center at the Boathouse, 1PM.
- "Wine Down the Weekend" with the Brooklyn Winery. Free. 213 North 8th Street, 8PM.
And don't forget...
- Have YOU made your reservations yet for Dine In Brooklyn, which takes place from March 11th-21st?
- Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday, March 10th at 2AM. We may lose an hour of sleep, but it also means spring is this much closer!